Master Of Art In Islamic Thought And Civilization
Mode: By Research Only
Fields of Specialization
- Islamic Civilisation
- Islamic Sciences
- Islamic Political Thought
- Islam and Contemporary Society
- Islam in the Malay World
- Islamic Philosophy
- Muslim World Issues
- Malay World Studies
Application is open all year round. To enroll in a specific intake, please refer to the table below:
|January||September to December|
|May||February to April|
|September||June to August|
All sections of the application form must be completed where applicable. Do remember to check that all the information entered is correct before submission. Supporting documents will have to be submitted together with the application form. Processing of your application may be delayed if any of the supporting documents are missing
Do not submit original certificates and documents with your application. We will not be responsible for damage or loss of original certificates or documents.
2) Application Fee
Cash $150 or crossed cheque directed to ‘PERGAS’
* Registration fee is not refundable
3) Application Documents
The application documents must be arranged and submitted in the following order:
1. Hardcopy of the Application Form, signed at the Declaration Section and affixed a Passport-sized photograph on the Application Form
2. Photocopy of your National Registration Identity Card (NRIC)(front and back). If you do not have an NRIC, please provide a copy of your passport information page(s)(containing the passport number, name, etc.)
3. Completed Photo Form
4. Photocopy of Certificates (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma etc.)
5. Photocopy of Transcripts (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma etc.)
6. TOEFL / IELTS Score
7. Other relevant Professional Certificates or examination results of relevant individual modules read, etc
Please note that:
A transcript of detailed academic results is required from each university or college attended. The transcript results should show marks (wherever possible) and grades obtained in each module. If a complete transcript is not available, please include a complete photocopied set of examination results for every semester.
Please send your application to:
Wisma Indah, 448 Changi Rd 03-01
|Processing fee (not refundable)||$150||Upon application|
|Registration fee||$1000||Upon acceptance|
|Recurrent fee||$200 per year|
|Tuition fee||$2533.50||Trimester 1|
- ISTAC 6001 – Research Methodology
- ISTAC 6007 – Islam in Malay Culture & History
- ISTAC 6039 – Islamicisation of Human Knowledge
- General Academic Qualification
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (honours) from the IIUM or any other accredited institution of higher learning; or
- Any other certificate that is recognised as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (honours) or other relevant professional qualifications and experience that are recognised by the Senate of the University.
- Specific Requirements
- Obtained a CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field; or
- Obtained a CGPA less than 2.75 but possesses relevant working experience in the field applied.
- English Language
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of having attained the minimum score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL) or of the International English Language Testing System(IELTS) or the IIUM administered English Placement Test (EPT) with the minimum required score or above as listed in the table below, to enrol into the University as a regular student for a postgraduate programme.
- Applicants who have achieved the required score for IELTS or TOEFL must make sure that the results are still valid within the prescribed validity period of the relevant examination body.
- Exemption may be given to those who have undertaken regular programmes of studies and graduated from Universities that use English as the medium of instruction in English-speaking countries or who have graduated from the IIUM in a programme with English as the medium of instruction.
|Type of Program||Minimum Score (TOEFL)||Minimum Score (IELTS)||Minimum Score (EPT)|
|All Arts Based programs||Paper based : 550Computer based : 213Internet based : 79||6.0 Overall band score||6.0 Overall band score|