Singapore Islamic Scholars & Religious Teachers Association (Pergas) and IIUM CRESCENT, in collaboration with the Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences (KIRKHS), offers opportunities for pursuing a masters degree in the areas of Qur’anic and hadith studies, usul al-din, da‘wah, comparative religion and Islamic jurisprudence to those interested to undertake the degree by coursework and research mode.
This offering is tailor-made to suit the needs of Muslim executives and working adults in Singapore who are not able to take up on-campus study at IIUM campus in Kuala Lumpur.
There are 3 programmes offered:
This programme is designed to cater for candidates who intend to acquire advanced specialized knowledge in the fields of Qur’an and Sunnah studies. Students are required to take 4 courses for the coursework component.
This programme offers courses to produce graduates imbued with Islamic ethical and moral values to promote understanding among the various communities, maintain social harmony, and apply moderation in contemporary religious discourses. It meets the needs of global importance such as providing proper understanding of the worldview of Islam and those of other religions which can aid in the endeavours to promote global peace and harmony.
This Master’s programme is designed to cater for candidates who intend to acquire advanced specialized knowledge in Islamic jurisprudence.
A relevant bachelor’s degree from universities recognized by the IIUM Senate with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 or an equivalent grade*
Band 7.0 on IIUM’s Arabic Placement Test **
(This requirement may be waived if the candidate is a native speaker of Arabic or has undergone the undergraduate and master’s degree programmes which use Arabic as the medium of instruction).
*Candidates with lower scores/grades may be considered with sufficient working experience.
** Candidates who do not possess the minimum language requirement may take up language proficiency courses to fulfill the admission requirement.
|Application fee||$150 (upon registration, not refundable)|
|Registration fee||$1,000 (upon acceptance)|
|Recurring fee||$200 per year|
|Tuition fee||$2,533.50 for trimester 1|
$2,533.50 for trimester 2
$2,533.50 for trimester 3
$2,533.50 for trimester 4
$2,533 for trimester 5
$2,533 for trimester 6
From 1 November 2020, fees are subjected to 7% GST.
– All sections of the application form must be completed where applicable. (contact us for more information)
– Make sure that all the information entered is correct before submission.
– Submit the supporting documents together with the application form (processing of your application may be delayed if the supporting documents are incomplete).
– Do not submit original certificates and documents with your application. We will not be responsible for damage or loss of original certificates or documents.
2) Application Fee
$150 in cash or crossed cheque directed to ‘PERGAS’ (Registration fee is not refundable)
3) Application Documents
The application documents must be arranged and submitted in the following order:
1. Hardcopy of the Application Form (signed at the Declaration Section and affixed a passport-sized photograph on the Application Form
2. Photocopy of front and back of your National Registration Identity Card (NRIC). If you do not have a NRIC, please provide a copy of your passport information page(s)(containing the passport number, name, etc.)
3. Completed Photo Form
4. Photocopy of Certificates (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma etc.)
5. Photocopy of Transcripts (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma etc.)
6. TOEFL / IELTS Score
7. Other relevant Professional Certificates or examination results of relevant individual modules read, etc
Please note that:
A transcript of detailed academic results is required from each university or college attended. The transcript results should show marks (wherever possible) and grades obtained in each module. If a complete transcript is not available, please include a complete photocopied set of examination results for every semester.
Please send your application to:
Wisma Indah, 448 Changi Rd 03-01
1) Pass in all 4 courses and the CGPA score after completion of all the courses is at least 3.00.
2) Obtain at least a pass grade for a dissertation written in Arabic that contains a worthy contribution to existing knowledge. The length of the thesis should be about 25,000 words.
3) Publication of at least one article in a peer-reviewed journal during the period of study.
4) Obtain one of the following prior to graduation:
Share this programme: