This Bachelor degree programme offers students to have comparative approach in the study of Islamic Heritage, Thought and Other Religions on the basis of Usul al-Din. It fulfills the vision which is to promote the Islamic sciences relevant to contemporary disciplines of study, and the mission which is to develop an Islamically based integrated holistic approach to education and career.
It also offers courses in line with Singapore’s aspirations such as unity among the races, religious harmony, and moderation in contemporary religious discourse. In addition, it meets the needs of global importance such as providing proper understanding of the worldview of Islam and endeavoring to regulate global peace and harmony through an intellectual Islamic discourse with other faiths and ideologies.
– 5 years of working experience AND evidence of non-formal education in Islamic sciences
– Diploma Pendidikan Islam (DPI) of Institut Pengajian Tinggi Islam Al-Zuhri with at least the Jayyid grade
– Certificate of Pre-University 2 in Madrasah Al-Maarif Al-Islamiah or Madrasah Aljunied Al-Islamiah or Madrasah Alsagoff Al-Islamiah with at least the Jayyid grade
– Diploma in Islamic Studies from Institut Pengajian Islam Pergas with at least the Jayyid grade
– Diploma from institutions recognized by the Government of Malaysia and the Senate of the University
At entry point, students shall possess English proficiency level at Band 5.5 of IELTS or Band 5.5 of IIUM’s English Placement Test (EPT) or other Senate-endorsed equivalent scores.
At entry point, students shall possess Arabic proficiency level at Band 4 of IIUM’s Arabic Placement Test (APT).
As graduation requirement, students shall achieve Band 6 of IIUM’s APT before the end of their studies.
Share this programme: